Saturday 12 June 2010

From France

Dear all,

I've arrived in France, safe and sound. This world hasn't changed much since the last time I was here: people still speak with the same intonations and accents, in the streets, they still haven't learned the etiquette of the British: queuing and saying "excusez moi", please or "merci" etc... (I have gotten used to this you see). However, people DO greet you good morning or good evening when they see you.
Strange.
I've not done much except look for a place to retwist my locks (as expected very few salons do it and those who do, charge exhorbitant prices; 40 Euros in my case) but I'll do it myself, thank you.
I'm anticipating the REAL trip, I know I won't be able to write online as much but I'm determined to capture and record my experinces the best way I can.
I am yet to buy everybody presents and get my visa (get a move on Leine!)but I've decided on barbies and school stuff for my sisters, perfum for the grown-ups and teddies for the babies. That ought to do it.

Ok... I just wanted to give some real news and set up the new travel blog.
I hope I have not BORED you to death, as this entry does seem pointless even to myself.
Missing you all (some more than others:)

Love,
Leine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I've been described as an artsy, earthy, fun person :D I enjoy all things simple and beautiful, I love learning new stuff and always try to find out more about those who catch my attention. I love writing and since I have an opinion about most subjects... that's what my blogs are about, either through prose or poetry!