Wednesday 21 July 2010

Love by any other names...

I easily get attached to people, when their spirit is compatible with mine.



I've fallen in love with ALL the women in my familly here. My grandmother, my aunts (Tadah Chris and aunty Rach) and my cousin Marlène. These women are so wonderful, each in their own ways...



Gran is this 70 year old woman who has lived several lifetimes... She's so full of stories, anecdotes experience... she's soft and lovely, knows how to show respect and definately has a heart of gold, she is patient, unassuming, beautiful, with the colour of old yellow lemons, the envie of MANY (think skin bleached women lol).
She has seen a LOT, lived through the death of her first child and other heartbreaks, but she stayed strong and giving, an unwavering faith in God, and though she isn't 'charismatic' nothing can shake her trust in God and His perfect ways.



Tadah Chris... She is this very youthful and beautiful woman. She reminds me of myself, we are very similar, whether she knows it or not. She is the artsy type, open minded, full of admiration for what I like, poetry, Jazz, travelling... I like her youth, she's wise and mature, but has innocent and simple fun, at no-ones expense. She's a firm believer in equality and DOES NOT recoil at the though of persecution for what she believes in. She's self-made and quite succesful, and though she enjoys life, she is the most down to earth woman, simply BEAUTIFUL. She's around 50 but reall?... she's 25 and familly oriented.



Aunty Rach (Rachelle)

She's Marlène's mum. A real force of nature, a fighter, a joker... She's an inspiration to all those who have been told: You can't. She's a fashion designer, quite succesful here, and I remember when she started... a LONG while ago. I admire her and get really exited whenever she comes to visit.
She has a VERY contagious laughter and is larger than life. I was a bit afraind oh her at first, felt like could hurt my sensibility by her frankness and direct ways, but if you're straight with her, she is the most wonderful ally!... And I'm straight :)

Marlène...
she's one of those rare ladies who wears her heart on her sleeves. She accepted me and stood by me, although she BARELY knew me. She is a wonderful mother, young at heart full of life, simple and down to earth. She is strong but knows kindness like it was a next of kin. I really like her, REALLY, she's warm hearted and I enjoy her company. She's fun and funny, without the "extraness" of it, you know the intelligent-snobish remarks... She doesn't mind my "europeaness" and my ignorance about the way things are dones here, she tells me simply, what is acceptable, what isn't, the weird things that happen on a daily basis... She LOVES my amazement at how precarious things can be here, even for those better of financially.

I love these women. They all inspire me. Feels like God has been kind to me and has added to my mother and her mother's wisdom, that of the women on my father's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I've been described as an artsy, earthy, fun person :D I enjoy all things simple and beautiful, I love learning new stuff and always try to find out more about those who catch my attention. I love writing and since I have an opinion about most subjects... that's what my blogs are about, either through prose or poetry!